Common Clown behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZekeMM

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Is it normal for 2 Common Clownfish to pick a spot in a tank and just kind of hang there? I just introduced 2 Clownfishes to my tank today and they tend to stay to the side of the tank and waddle back and forth there without checking out the rest of their universe. :D

As in what kind is most likely meaning are the ocellaris, percula's, tomato, black and white.. There are many clown fish however the most common are Perculas...

For reference you can check http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/scateg.cfm?siteid=21&pCatId=27 for an ID of the clowns that you have.. But yes it it pretty common for clownfish in general to kind pick a spot in the tank and claim it as its territory...

HTH,
James

Our clowns hung out everywhere until we put in a new coral (on the right side). They immediately took over the left side of the tank and they rarely venture beyond the middle point. It has been that way for almost two months now so I think it's normal.

Back
Top Bottom