Community Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jake337

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 55gal (as of right now) fish only tank. So far I got 2 ocellaris clowns. I want to stock up my tank with friendly colorful fish. Any suggestions?

Firefish are really beautiful fish, they are jumpers though, need to have a top on the tank. Peaceful too!
Some of the smaller wrasses are really colorful. As are the Cardinals.

Some Dwarf angels like the coral beauty or flame angels should be OK as long as corals are not available.

Thanks for the advice guys! Yeah Im also thinking about a school of Chromis.

Yeah Chromis are cool fish, and as far as Damsels go, probably one of the most mild-mannered of the species. They can be somewhat aggressive, but usually towards one another. I started with a school of 11, in a 135, and after a couple years, ended up with 3. They would constantly pick off the weakest link.

Oh wow. So they always swam side by side?

I had 4 green chromis who were the boss of my tank lol they kept the clowns and fire fish in there place lol They certainly are my faves. Thinking about getting 5 blue chromis for my new tank.

Thats cool. What are Chromises main diet?

Yeah, pretty much, they stayed in a little gang!
They actually laid eggs up one side of the tank, at the front corner, but I never saw any fry.
You would see one swim up the side top to bottom, then it would come back to the pack and try to entice someone to follow. Usually getting a taker they would both then dart off and do the same thing, top to bottom. Over and over. Back to the pack, back to the corner. Pretty soon the corner was covered with white dots and like a webbing. Pretty cool to see!

Back
Top Bottom