Compact Flourescent Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gozetec02

Aquarium Advice Activist
Does anyone know where i can find a gread deal on CFL Fixure or retrofit kit or know of a website that has a diy on it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Will a 24" fixture be good enough for a 30" Tank. there is only a 3" gap on either side. I am planning on puting a 24" with 2-55 watt bulbs. Does it really have to be a 30" Fixture?

Coralife makes a 30" fixture that has 2-65 watt bulbs offset slightly to make up for the 24" length of the bulbs.

Not really. The 3" on either side of the light will leave "shadow" areas where you will not be able to place much and rock will not get as good coralline growth. It would still work for the most part but you'd be suprised how much better the 30" would be.

Why not PM Darin and see if you can come to an arrangement ($$) on the 30"?

Cheers
Steve

Aquatraders is good for a deal but i beleive they are selling mostly used equipment.

I dont really trust them i have messaged them a week ago about a 30" and havnt got back with me. Maybe a retrofit system to go in the light fixture i have now.

Aquatraders is all jebo stuff. Its pretty low quality made in china stuff with little warranty or factory support. Its good if you want cheap stuff though.

Back
Top Bottom