Companion for Clown Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefgirl1027

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, i was wondering what type of clown fish would i buy for a 8 gallon nano tank? And what would be a good companion fish for the clown fish, & what little creatures can i put in the tank? Also my tank is only a day old & i noticed a little crab on the sand, its not moveing so i don't know if it's alive but, do i put some food in & if yes what do i put in.

i would go with an ocellaris clownfish and only one because your tank is so small. plus you wont be able to add anything besides the clownfish because really no fish should be held in less that a 20 i would say... put snails in the tank with the fish... before you add anything let the tank run for a month with testing and make sure everything is ok... be patient!!!! it is key to a successful tank... you will lose fish and inverts if you arent

Goby , firefish, cardinal or blenny are all decent choices for a small tank. Myself I love my goby/pistol shimp combo. Maybe... M A Y B E that and starting w/ a very small clown or fire?

My guess is you'll either dig the hobby and the 8 gallon won't be around long or you'll hate all the work and, well, the 8 gallon won't be around for long. Either way your fish choices will change.

Back
Top Bottom