Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-11-2004, 10:16 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Compatability???

Question: I have a 29 gallon tank composed of live rock, crushed coral, and live sand. Livestock consists of 10 hermit crabs, 10 margarita snails, 4 peppermint shrimp, 2 camel back shrimp, 2 horseshoe crabs, 1 brittle star, 2 perculia clowns, 1 fiji blue devil, and 1 coral beauty angel. I would like to get one or two more fish depending on size and I was wondering if any of the following fish would be compatable with what I currently have: yellow tang, hippo tang, or lion fish. If none of these are could you please suggest a fish that I could put in my tank that could be, if you will, the "star attraction".

Thanks
Leah

Old 04-11-2004, 10:31 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

If I were you, I'd settle on the Coral Beauty as the 'star attraction'. You're at about your limit for fish now - maybe another damsel or two, but that would be pushing it.

No Tangs - please - in that small of a tank.

Quote:
10 hermit crabs, 10 margarita snails, 4 peppermint shrimp, 2 camel back shrimp, 2 horseshoe crabs, 1 brittle star,
Make sure you offer these inverts some supplemental feeding - pieces of raw seafood or algae pellets now and then. That's quite a few for a 29g. Also, if you can possibly trade in the Horseshoe crabs, I would ... they'll starve quite quickly in a 29g; in any case, they will make your "live" sand, dead sand in very short order.

ReefLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 10:34 PM   #3

Those 3 fish grow way to big for your tank. The tangs require a 125 gal minimum, and the lion probably a 75 gal minimum. I think you have enough fish as it is. Also research before you buy, so you don't have any problems.
Old 04-11-2004, 10:49 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
Agreed, sounds like your at your limit....long term.

Tags
compatability

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com