Compatability question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zacheyp

Aquarium Advice Addict
so i have a 20 long with 2 clowns and some mushrooms,
I was wondering, can i get a royal gramma and a purple firefish or will they fight.

2 firefish will fight if there's not enough space/hiding places. I wouldn't recommend 2 firefish in your tank.

first of all firefish prefer to be in pairs. Second, he said a firefish and a royal gramma... and no they should be fine. However all fish have different personalities. Sometimes fish that should be fine together fight just because.

But the initial question was about a firefish and a royal gramma, and I believe that will work too.

Liveaquaria's compatibility chart says, Gramma and firefish with Caution.

Haven't had a firefish yet, want a purple, but my gramma was pretty territorial with everything at first, but then he seems to get over it.

My two fire fish are fine together I didn't buy them as a pair but they act like one even more then my clowns and they are a pair. They live in the same hole in one of my rocks and its weird sometimes I feel like there protecting in there cuz on feeding time they take turns coming out to eat it funny

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom