compatability question - Chalk Bass and royal Gramma?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zacheyp

Aquarium Advice Addict
Would the little known chalk bass and the well known royal gramma co exist, i am thinking if adding them to my reef tank

"The Chalk Bass, from the Caribbean, is one of the smaller bass within this family, and is a great fish for beginners. The body is orange in color with a purple mid-section. Electric blue vertical bands, which add to their appeal, accentuate these fish.

A 30-gallon aquarium, with plenty of live rock for hiding, is ideal for the Chalk bass. They are not aggressive towards other fish, and multiple specimens can be added to the aquarium, as long as it is at the same time. They will not pick at corals or sessile invertebrates, and are a great fish for the reef aquarium. Larger specimens may attack small shrimps, especially those within the Periclimenes genus.
An extremely hardy fish, the Chalk Bass requires a diet consisting of a variety of chopped meaty items, vitamin enriched brine and mysis shrimp and flake foods."

I think that compatibility-wise, you would be safe, but the minimum size tank is bigger than you have, right?

Do you have a 30 or a 20? I was thinking it was a 20...

20 long, but every website not named live aqueria says a 20 is fine

I agree with SM, I would choose just one of the two. The bass is a cool fish and I think it will be ok in your 20 as long as you dont go for overstocked.

Back
Top Bottom