compatibility!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

philly

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have a 90 gallon and i have 2 Ocellaris and I really want to get 2 Percula i will get 1 carpet and 1 bulb anemone so they each have their own. can I do this?

Personaly, I would not. If you want true percs take the ocellaris back. Mixing clown species can is not advisable. Although, they are fairly docile. As for the anenomes, your lighting right now is not sufficiant for an anenome. In a90 gal. I would recommend MH and CF lighting. Most here do not advocate putting anenomes in new tanks. They do best in mature and established reef tanks. Wait 8 months to a year before add an anonome. they can be very challenging to keep and require excillent water conditions. They are not for the beginer. It is good to have a plan, just folow the proper timeline. Lando

I agree with lando.. see how your tank progresses for the next few months and then revisit the anemone idea. I can sense your enthusiasm from your posts which is great, but it's also good to be patient too.

Back
Top Bottom