Compatibility issues!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Firefliesrscary

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi im only 15 so total rookie here!!! PLEASE HELP!!!! ive been looking at tons of sites AND books and compatibility keeps contradicting itself...i have a tank with a sally crab and a chocolate chip starfish. ive gone pretty much hit and miss with the tank set up and ide rather not do it again.

I really would like to get:
-a pencil urchin
-a spider decorator crab
-and mabey an abalone

please answer i need as many answers as i can get. im doing an invertabrate only tank so any suggestions would help. i have a 28 gallon biocube and my levels are:
-pH= 8.10
-Ammonia=0.00ppm
-nitrates=0.00ppm
-nitrates=10ppm

thank you any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Sup dude im 15 as well. Anyways, can i have some more information about your tank? Size, reef or fowler, why an invert only tank?

I wouldnt get a pencil urchin if you plan on going reef ecause they are not safe, and if your a beginner they are moderatly difficult so i wouldnt go there if i was you

ha well its a biocube so it has a fan and i think like 1050watt UV lighting..i have high water flow for the crab tons of live rock. i was kinda joking ha im not a total rookie i can handle the moderate stuff. just not the difficult stuff haha and i dont plan on having a reef tank haha

Haha okay then you can have your urchin! Lol. What do you want to put in your tank as far as fish?

The thing that I look at is the amount of algae it will have to eat. That would be the only problem with the urchin and also they can get pretty good sized. They are nocturnal as well.

Ive seen big pencils and IM ONLY 13!!!!! lol. If you have enough algae go for it. Make sure your rock is set up so the urchin can get in and eat the algae.

Back
Top Bottom