Compatible Tangs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lynxpilot

Aquarium Advice Activist
Like many, I would really like a yellow Hawaiin tang, but would like to mix it up with some color from another type. Any good ideas on another tang that should get along with the yellow? It is a 120 gal tank and I would prefer not to add a really active fish that is going to get too large.

Thanks

Yellow eyed Kole tang would be a pretty and a nice tang to add.

img_931854_0_308be2cbc9a670c6634168574b165c61.jpg

Try to pick one that is entirely different color and/or shape wise. If you can't then at least make sure the new one is the same size or bigger than the established Tang My PBT went after my Kole like a banshee when I first introduced him even without a similar color or shape (though only half the size). An hour of beating himself up in the mirror solved that, now they are best friends.

I mention that because I have heard Yellow Tangs can be aggressive to their own and similar kind.

Excellent Fish, you won't be disappointed. They are ususally readily available as well, so you can choose between fish to get the healthiest.

Back
Top Bottom