Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-26-2009, 01:12 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

This is the light fixture I came across that has more lights at the same wattage and has lunars and separate ballasts.
48 inch Current USA Nova Extreme 8x54W T5HO with 4 Lunar Lights
Item Code: CU01123
Usually ships the next business day
Special Handling: $9.00 will be added to ground shipping cost

Old 01-26-2009, 10:30 PM   #12
AA Team Emeritus

With 8x54w you should be able to keep virtually anything your little heart desires as far as lighting limitations are concerned. The only annoyance to me is the white lunar lights instead of the blue and not being able to purchase bulbs separately unless marinedepot allows for switching out bulbs per cost.

As per your other questions, the return pump depends on the overflow rating so what kind of overflow do you have? I do love the Quiet One line of pumps. I would rather purchase liverock and substrate, as Melosu eluded to, over a skimmer purchase if your funds are tight. The liverock will serve as your biological filtration for the time being and by the time you cycle and are ready for fish you can possibly recoup some funding for the skimmer or when necessary.

Old 01-26-2009, 11:38 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Ill keep that in mind for the skimmer and that is more than likely what Ill do. I also missed the part about the lunar lights. Are you saying that I would not be able to purchase blue bulbs for this light fixture at all or initially I would not be able to switch out the white for the blue lights.??
Old 01-26-2009, 11:55 PM   #14
AA Team Emeritus

Sorry, didn't mean to confuse you. Some people like white lunar lights, but imo most people find the blue lunar lights more appealing. I don't know if they can be switched out, but a good question to ask the representative. The light supposedly comes with 4 10k and 4 actinic lights, but that is considered a basic bulb setup. There are so many bulb options to choose from in t5 lighting to gain different desireable effects, but you can always play with them once the originals need replacing. Here is a link to a wonderful array of bulbs to choose from: ReefGeek > Lighting > Replacement Bulbs > T5 Fluorescent Take a look at RC's T5 Question and Answer Thread regarding T5 lighting and bulb arrangements

Tags
20 gallon, 75g, 75gal, sump

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com