Compulsive bying!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AndiH011

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all,

If not needed another example of compulsive buying when you should really stick to your plan and read up on anything you buy.

So I went to my lfs today to pick up some salted RO for a 10% pwc and have a browse. In the week u lost my blue cheek Goby (reasons unknown ) waters params all good but had a temperature drop on one cold night.

So there I was having a god old mooch and found a beautiful blue and yellow damsel when I asked it was only £7 about $4.50 as my tank is only 7 weeks old I thought good call as damsels are a hardy species. Once I get it home acclimatised and introduced to the tank the Damsel goes nutts and starts bullying the rest of my stock.

When I done some research it turns out I have bought a Fiji Blue DEVIL Damsel. Very aggressive and should not be kept with passive fish and only with lager species.

The moral of the story is do your research!!!

Thanks

Andi

I had a aggressive damsel that. Had to take out of my tank and I don't even look at them when at the Lfs they are not worth the risk for me.

I agree, within 2 years of starting my tank, I had grown 2 3" Seargeant major damsels/ pirhanna! After 3+ hours of chasing, in a 135 reef, I vowed to know what I was buying, before purchase! 7 years after original purchase, never bought another Damsel. Believe it or not, he will really limit what else you can keep, peaceably.

Too right! a Chromis I've had from day 1 has gone to the great reef in the sky. So disappointed in myself. I'm dreading dismantling my reef in the morning I've just got it how I wanted!!!

Will he upset my cleaner shrimp?

Back
Top Bottom