Condy Anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meagan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just got a condy anemone. My second anemone. I got a bubble tip awhile back but it didn't make it.

I know it will mostly likely not host a clown fish. They told me to be careful with the blue hippo tang because its just itty bitty.

If anyone can give me advice on the condy anemone that would be great.

Thanks!

Been established for 10 months now. Have 4 T5HO, 2 day and 2 moon. 43 watts a piece.

The condy is completely closed right now. Granted I know he can be stressed.

Did you use the same lighting with the bubble tip?

Were there any reasons why it didn't make it? Sorry I'm kind of curious. Just got 2 Gbta and I have a 4 bulb t5.

I dont have any idea why it didn't make it. I bought it without doing any research. Which is my fault and I didn't know a bubble tip shouldn't be white and it was bleached, it did however start to turn green on its tips before it went. It opened a couple times and it moved from a rock we originally put it on. It has some weird shite slime around the bottom of it and people told me its disc could be injured.

I'm just worried because when we got the condy and he was in the bag and we were doing the drip method to acclimate it, it was completely open and now hes closed and doesn't look as plump.

He'll be alright, just a little stressed. I had a condy a couple of months ago. They move a lot and close/open a ton when I had mine. At night it shrinks and in the morning it usually opens back up.

Animal-Chin said:
I had my condy under the same light and it got huge! I had to remove and take it back it got so big...

That's a good idea. IMO I hate condys. Mine unattached at night and got stuck in the powerhead and screwed up my water.

Thanks everyone... Should I be worried about it eating my little clown fish and my little blue hippo tang?

i have a condy and it doesn't move at all. its currently hosting my saddleback clown fish. also ive seen other fish brushing it as they swim by (by accident) and the anemone has made no attempt at catching them. but it does love silverside. :)

Back
Top Bottom