Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-19-2013, 03:55 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Regular

The guy at my LfS told me it is a condy , my clarki won't go anywhere near it... Just one more question would it be a bad idea if I got another anemone one for my clarki to host?

Old 04-19-2013, 04:24 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soto413 View Post
Yesterday I bought a Condy Anemone & I was asking questions about but the guy at my LFS really didn't tell me much about he knows everything in my tank since I have bought everything from him anyways he said it will be just fine in my tank... But after doing some research I found out it can harm my fish ... Any advice ? Should I take it back? Any advice would be a great help please & thank you !
Here's the thing with anemones, they make their living by eating fish So if you don't want your fish to get eaten by an anemone, you shouldn't have one in the tank. You take your chances every time you mix the two.
That being said, the Fla. Condy (Condylactus pasiflora) is not a known fish host so other than for looks, it's not really going to do much for your tank. HOWEVER, the other Atlantic Condy (A.K.A. Haitian Pink Tip) Condylactus gigantis, is a known fish hoster. Many clowns that use bubble anemones will also use these for hosting. What your pic looks like is a regular condy so the choice is yours as to whether you want to keep him or not. Traditionally, Fla Condys are found on the grass flats, in large colonies whereas the HPTs are found on the reefs not in large groups. That might help explain why they are not good reef anemonies and may hurt the corals.

Hope this helps

Old 04-19-2013, 06:50 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soto413 View Post
The guy at my LfS told me it is a condy , my clarki won't go anywhere near it... Just one more question would it be a bad idea if I got another anemone one for my clarki to host?
It took a few weeks till my fish started hosting mine and u can get another nem I plan to get a rosť bubble because I have a cinnamon tomato pair also and don't want anyone killing anyone over one nem

Tags
anemone

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com