Condy Anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Squado

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was just wondering if 130 watts of PC lighting (50 actnic/50 10,000K) is enough to house a Condy Anemone in a 29 gallon tank with a depth of about 17 1/2 inches. Also, the powerheads that I have (2) are located at the top of the tank. Thanks in advance...........

R u aware of that condy won't host clowns? Im no anem expert but from what i've read, it moves "alot" even if the condition is right. Also, its stings are one of the strongest of all anems. HTH

Yes, I am aware that condy's will not host clowns. Just thought I would pick one up cause their cheap and my lfs just got them in. As for the sting, yeah thats what I have heard too. Do you really think that it will have a bad impact of the fish? Do you know anything about the lighting?

Thanks for the advice. OK, so I acclimated the condy over the course of about two hours using drip. Put him in the tank and overnight wedged himself into a small rock crevice. Now you can only see the top of his tentacles and his body his completly under the rock. Isn't this bad for him, dont anemones need light to survive? Should I just move him or should I let him move on his own? Also I am getting a slight ammonia reading (.25), is this horrible for the anemone or acceptable?

The anemone will take it's time acclimating fully to your tank. It's not just the water it needs to adjust to but lights, flow, etc. If you are having even a small ammonia reading, I'd do a good water change as soon as you can and watch it. Ammonia isn't good for any of the critters in your tank, not just the anemone.

FishFrik said:
R u aware of that condy won't host clowns? Im no anem expert but from what i've read, it moves "alot" even if the condition is right. Also, its stings are one of the strongest of all anems. HTH

not 100% true

I have witnessed several condys' that have had clown hosts for over 2 years.

Back
Top Bottom