condy anenome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not real well versed on them ,they have potent sting, walkers, and dont usually host clowns

I have one and it looks nice.
It eats silver sides
It is close to the top, under my 250watt HM bulb with its foot deep in the rock.

Mine has been stationary for 3 months. Very very hardy under good condtions.

I have lots of light (2x175mh and 2x65PC), and pretty good water, although nitrates have historically been 10-20ppm.

I got my purple condy for basically free at the LFS because 2/3'rds of his tentacles were ripped off. It was a "project".

Within a month, the tentacles were all grown back, and since then he's tripled in size.

Lots of my fish will swim through its tentacles (quickly) with no apparent harm. I've touched it many times without feeling any sting.

I just got one myself and like him very much. He has been stationary since I got him a week ago (after finding the piece of rock he wanted to sit on.) The silly person at th e LFS was selling them from the same tank as the clowns, giving the impression they were good hosts.

I was told to feed him brine shrimp and blood worms - my question is how often and is this the correct food for them.

Check out those two links I posted earlier and they will tell you what to feed.

I have said critter and like the new addition. I was told to feed him slowly with the turkey baster about 2-3 times per week. I feed the frozen cubes every other day and will do him every 3-4 days. He has drifted. I have kept a close eye on him until he 'lands' somewhere he likes and then may need to rearrange the other softies so they won't be within the line of fire of his tenticles.
Thanks for the info.

Some people just feed them chunks of uncooked shrimp... I feed the rest of my fish frozen Mysis Shrimp.... I usually just break off a chunk before it breaks up and throw it near it, it will grab onto it.

These are very hardy animals...

Mine eats about anything. Pellets, mysis, krill (lots of them), but really loves squid.

Squid's easy cause I can take a big chunk and set it low on it tentacles. Just be careful, those things will stick to you. I've never felt a sting, but I'm more worried about hurting it when that happens and I have to jiggle them off my hand.

Biggest problem I have feeding them squid is that my scarlet cleaner shrimp will take it, so I usually feed him (by hand) a nice sized piece. That keeps him busy while the condy eats.

My parrotfish (who isn't intimidated by it) will snatch mysis right off the tentacles too. So I always feed the fish first, then keep a close eye until he's eaten.

I stopped feeding mine for a few weeks because he was getting big - too big for comfort ;) He did shrink back a tiny bit.

If I decide I want him to split, I'll probably start feeding every few days.

Back
Top Bottom