Condy ate my lionfish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had a lion fish for 6 years. He would eat anything that fit into his enormous mouth. They have one of the fastest strikes in the animal world. Snow flakes are meat eaters, so maybe yours is fine, but then one day....I love them but keep them with big fish.

Agreed david:) and sorry for the lil outburst, the lionfish is hands-down my favorite fish and it just seems like they have this satanic badboy persona in the fish-keeping world when they honestly aren't that bad. Granted they do strike crazy fast and like to eat things the same size as themselves, but that's not every one. If stocked with appropriate tankmates, the lionfish can prove to be an amazing centerpiece to a beautiful saltwater setup

Agreed david:) and sorry for the lil outburst, the lionfish is hands-down my favorite fish and it just seems like they have this satanic badboy persona in the fish-keeping world when they honestly aren't that bad. Granted they do strike crazy fast and like to eat things the same size as themselves, but that's not every one. If stocked with appropriate tankmates, the lionfish can prove to be an amazing centerpiece to a beautiful saltwater setup
Yeah dont get me wrong they are a beautiful fish and a great fish for the aquarium and as long as they are well fed should be ok but be carefull.I used to love watching it swim upside down under some LR.

Yeah what's up with that?? I've noticed that they swim at really weird angles... The two adults at my lfs swim straight up and down, facing downwards. And it seems they prefer to swim lke this

Back
Top Bottom