condy sp anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jacob Morgan

Aquarium Advice Freak
any comments? I plan to get one very soon...

15 gallon tank very stable all trate trite ammonia 0.. umm 80 watts over a shallow 15 gallon tank..

I don't see any reasons not too.

Jacob

tomato died a LONG ass time ago from a stomach infection best ic ould tell and i got rid of my damsel... it was way too agressive and was prolly the cause of the tomato getting sick..

Jacob

I got one today!!! it has its pink tips long tentacles a tannish color and sticky to teh touch.. Seems to be in excelent health!!!

one thing it seems to go towards my PH.. is it just askin to die!! i have read bout them dieing by the hands of a PHs o i unplugged it and plan to replug it in when it settles in? sound good? or any suggestions?

Jacob

Maybe it wants the higher flow rate? Maybe it just likes that area of the tank?

Who knows for sure?

Do anenomes have the ability to climb up the glass?

As far as I know anemones can not climb the glass. With the PH off the anemone pikced a corner and setup camp. Hes all opened up today and I just fed him a peice of shrimp. I think I got a good one guys :)..

well any suggestons?

Jacob

fishfreek said:
Do anenomes have the ability to climb up the glass?

I also got a Condy Anenome yesterday. Hope I can keep it alive. No fish in my tank at present, but the CB shrimp is still in there.

While at the LFS yesterday, there was one of these guys on the side of the glass and the owner asked me if I had ever seen one climb up the glass. I didn't see it move, but that was where it was hanging out. :D

Mine moved during the night to the front of a large cave in the LR. I'm letting it do its own thing.

Bett

Haha mine went straight to the PH :-/ lol but its aslo a 15 long tank. so its hallow and the powerhead does more movement then in large tanks.. heh I will reposition it so its more up and high out the way.

Jacob

psst maybe the superglued the anemone up on the side of glass for better lighting eh? I really doub they can climb glass :?:

Jacob Morgan said:
psst maybe the superglued the anemone up on the side of glass for better lighting eh? I really doub they can climb glass :?:

You'd be wrong :wink: They climb glass easily, and often. Usually when they climb up the glass it is a sign that they are looking for more light, but really could be any number of conditions they are looking for.

Jacob Morgan said:
Well then sorry for posting the wrong info :)..

but I love this thing!!!!

Jacob

I hardly consider posting something with uncertainty (the I doubt, shows you aren't sure) as posting wrong info. :D I am glad you are happy with your anemone. The condy is a carribean anemone, that does not host clownfish (tell that to several tomato clowns and a maroon clown I once owned :roll: ), but I think there have been documented cases of some gobies or blennys hosting in them. Might want to research symbiotic relationships with this anemone, you might be able to see something really cool...

I knew when I bought it it was not a host.. I have sumwhere a article where it tells me some of the clowns that have worked. Might looked into that but for now this is good enuf.

Jacob

I can say tat Condys do climb the glass! I bought one that was attached to the glass of the stores tank! He looked really cool on the back of their tank. But I guess he likes where I put him better because he hasn't moved much since I placed him in the tank on a piece of live rock. I think my lighting(PC 165watt) is better than what the store had it under.
I've been feeding it frozen krill, he seems to like them! How much should I feed him? I haven't given him more than 1-2 krill at a time. I've only had him since saturday, so I think he has had a total of 3 krill so far, but I want to keep him happy and full so he doesn't try to eat the clowns or anything else.
If I use grocery store shrimp should I get the raw unshelled? Or will cocktail shrimp work? If I fed shelled shrimp to I have to peel it, or feed it shell and all?
It is a pretty good size condy,I think? I'll try to post a picture tonight, He's not very colorful but he looked good and healthy and so far acts real healthy.

Maybe consider buying or making something for the ph.....so it doesn't eat your anemone if it decides to get too close.

I got raw shrim from walmart.

How long have you had it? a pic would be nice to tell its color and all that good stuff.

When the dealer removed it from the tank did its foot contract or do nething? Also when you touchd its tentacles were they sticky?

Jacob

Condy picture

Here's a picture of my Condy ( what I was told) the Clown has really been checking him out! I've had the condy since saturday night. It has been eating krill so far.[/img] I'm going to post a few more pictures in the photo section.

brat213 said:
If I use grocery store shrimp should I get the raw unshelled? Or will cocktail shrimp work?

The shrimp MUST be raw.

If I fed shelled shrimp to I have to peel it, or feed it shell and all?

Feed shell and all, even the legs. Cut up of course.

I to just got a condy this weekend, against my better judgement, however my wife talked me into it. My maroon clown has been looking at it, as if contemplating.

As is said it was against my better judgement since I wasn't planning on trying an anemone for a while and hadn't done a whole lot of research. Imagine my shock when I woke up in the morning and the thing was lying there all shriveled up. I thought I had killed it. After some quick internet research I found out, they do that and sure enough some hours later he began inflating himself again.

Wish me luck, its amazing what a woman can get you to do, even if you know better.

Back
Top Bottom