Condy's getting darker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scoot

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a condy that I resuced from the LFS - 2/3rds of its tentacles had been ripped off by poor handing by somebody. I was feeling cocky, so I thought I might be able to nurse it back to health.

Well, it came back alright - all of its tentacles have grown back, and overall the thing has doubled in size. The disc approaches 3" when its fully extended, and tentacle span is probably close to 8" or more.

But its dark. Much darker than when I got it, and doesn't seem to show signs of turning back to the pearly white color with pink tips it had when I got it. Most of the condy pics I see show them as a very bright white.

Is this a bad sign, or a good sign? I know white with anemones usually means bleaching, or loss of zooanthellae, so maybe this darker color is good? When its collapsed (expelling waste) its a beautiful purple color. Maybe I need to supplement the zooanthellae with more solid food? It loves mysis and squid...

August 18th
DSC00901.JPG

Today
IMG_1044_fixed.jpg

Today
IMG_1045_fixed.JPG

WOW! Great job nursing it back to health!!!!

Back
Top Bottom