Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-06-2006, 11:26 AM   #31
Moderator Emeritus

The DI chamber is on top in the pic. It is the clear one. It looks like the water comes out of it and goes into the filter below it. That should be a carbon stage. A lot of units use a carbon stage after the DI stage to make the water taste better. You don't need this for the fish. Should not be causing what you are seeing though.

maybe take you membrane out and make sure it is seated correctly in the housing. Again, should not be an issue but ...

Old 11-06-2006, 05:47 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via Yahoo to vsnsofadrgn
i will give it a try... i dont know whats causing it. i assume i need the ro membrane or something to boost the pressure. going to be checkin into that next week. thanks for the reply.

hope dies last
vsnsofadrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:40 PM   #33
Aquarium Advice FINatic

so i got the pressure gauge, but it didnt come with instructions. where does it go? how do install it?

hope dies last
Old 12-09-2006, 05:43 PM   #34
Moderator Emeritus

What kind of gauge? Is it an inline gauge to be used on the RO water lines? Does it have guest fittings? I used one once but it had a screw fitting like a garden hose. I just stuck it on the hose nearest the water main and checked pressure there. Not as accurate but it worked. Told me I need a booster pump ...
Old 12-09-2006, 09:33 PM   #35
Aquarium Advice Freak

Do you get a fast stream of water from the discharge? If you do the unit is hooked up wrong. I can't really tell where your inlet water is coming from but your tubes don't look anything like mine. granted mine is a five stage but it should be the same. I will try and get a pic.
Old 12-11-2006, 04:46 PM   #36
Aquarium Advice FINatic

the gauge is the one in the link above from premium aquatics. i guess i should go there and see if the have instructions. i have no idea how to put this thing on, or where its supposed to go. came with all kinds of peices.

angel, the water goin in is coming from the faucet (with a faucet adapter) and is the red line. so far, it looks like its hooked up right; i just need a booster pump.... hopefully i can get this gauge on to know for sure.

hope dies last

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com