Confused Anemone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pilotjcm

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Our first and new anemone has been acting strange since we brought it home Saturday.

It is tipping upside down,mouth in the sand,bubble up, we dont know if we should tip it over or if this is normal and should leave it alone.

also our clownfish is digging holes around it and kicking sand on it.
Should we just leave it alone,will he fix himself?

What kind of anemone?
Can you post a picture of it?
How big is your tank, how long has it been set up, what is the substrate, the filtration, how much LR, how much water flow and what type how much lighting?
What else is in the tank and list your livestock, please.

Can't give you toom much help till we know moer about your setup and what animal we're talking about.

I got a long tentacled anemone which is a sand dweller. He tumbled around for a couple of days till he found a nice quiet corner and buried his foot. He's been fine for about a month in that location. The clowns still dig sand around him.

Hello! The anemone is a sebae anemone as far as I know.

I have an 29 gal tank,penguin bio-wheel 330,seaclone protien skimmer,good heater temp always around 78,so far 16 lbs live rock(adding another 20 lbs this week),I use RO water only,use dual satellite lights(30",7am to 7pm dual actinic,8 am to 6pm dual daylight),aragonate sand,I use reef crystals salt,proper PH 8.5 to keep PH right,phosban and Nitrex in skimmer,I add Kent liquid calcium every day,Kent Iodine once a week,marine-clene sludge and debris and oxygenating bacteria booster after every water change which I do 25% every 3 weeks. I have only 3 fish(1 clown,1 three stripe damselfish and 1 yellow tang) all of which are doing great.also have algae attack pack(snales,crabs,shrimp etc). cleaning filters I do as per instructed. The tank has been set up for about 5 or 6 months.

pH a tad perhaps a bit high. I shoot for 8.2. A pH difference of .3 is significant.

Watch the Iodine additives. With regular partial water changes, you really shouldn't need it. Too much Iodine can cause problems.

Is your anemone still sticky?

How long did you acclimate it ?

Oh and welcome ! :D

Hi, I actually use proper PH 8.2 I was wrong so it is 8.2.
I checked the anemone this morning and found him with his bulb buried in the sand and my clownfish actually in it,the crazy clownfish however was busy last night,he dug holes in the sand right down to the glass and made the water cloudy.
How do you know how much iodine to put it,I go by the bottle and put 1 tsb scoop in once a week.
I just wanted to thank everyone,I never thought there were so many people out there willing to help.

How do you know how much iodine to put it,I go by the bottle and put 1 tsb scoop in once a week.
Do a regular Partial Water Change (10-20%) and you won't need to dose iodine!

Back
Top Bottom