considering a ritteri

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefer

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am considering adding a Ritteri Anemone to my 150 reef tank. It currently houses a florida condi(my first anemone, I have had for 2 years) and a bubble tip, that split a couple of weeks ago. All seem to be in good health. The tank is lit by dual 175 watt 13k metal halides, and 260 watts of pc (2 actinic 03/ 2 10k). I have a strong current during the day, and 1/2 strength at night. salinity 1.024, Ph 8.4.
I have tried to research them online, but have found varied results, so if anyone has any information on the ritteri it would be greatly appreciated.

How far off the water is the light hood? The lighting could actually be a little higher intensity for this species based on the actual depth of the tank + the height of the hood. Ritteri's are quite light demanding and will wander endlessly until they find the right "perch". They will not like the bottom or being in the direct path of water flow. It will look for the closest area relative to the lighting wether that be the top of the glass wall of the tank or a higher peak on the rock. Most likely it will try to park right under one of the MH bulbs if the conditions are right. They do best when not fed and will grow quite significantly even when catching foods fed for fish.

They are very intolerant of poor water conditions and flucuating tank parameters. Once acclimated and settled though, the ritteri will usually fair very well.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom