Continued temp elevation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Noturaveragereefer

Aquarium Advice Freak
So my temp is 81.4 I have zoas, softies, LPS and one sps. I've had my thermometer off for two days now...my temp is still elevated. Should I worry? Is there any equipment I should turn off? I have two power heads, 2 hAnging filters, and a protein slimmer. No sump or anything like that...I haven't yet bought a fan to point towards the surface. But if I do...wouldn't that increase evaporation? Which is going to be costlier? Also my apartment temp is around 70ish

Are you using metal halides? Seems awfully high temp for being in a room that cool. What is your heater set to?

Nope I just have two t5s and my heater isn't on. My lights are only on for 7.5 hrs the tank is in an area where there's really no direct sunlight and not close to any heating vents... Only thing I can think of is maybe the power heads are kicking out some heat.

Can you double check the temp n your tank with another thermometer? 81 is awfully high for your situation. What is the temp like at night with no lights?

I've two thermometers on opposite sides of the tank, one's electronic...both are showing the same

Ok you helped me solve it! I looked again and one thermometer is reading 78 the other (electric) one is reading 81...plus I found a bug of some sort!
Ha! Thanks

image-2665680509.jpg

image-3043846716.jpg

78 sounds better. Always good to have 2 glass thermometers to calibrate the electronic ones.

Back
Top Bottom