Continuous Brine Shrimp Hatchery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxamillion

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello, I was wondering if anyone has any plans for a continuous brine shrimp hatchery (when I say continuous I mean add eggs and let them hatch... of course feed and change water, but never add more eggs). Has anyone tried this... any suggestions for this?

I really would like to start having this renewable feeding source and I figured this would be a good way to have one... any thoughts or suggestions are appriciated. Also any design ideas are also greatly appreciated!

I will try to make up some sort of design for one soon.

Thanks,
Max

Im not to sure its an easy thing to do. for what the eggs cost I don't know that it would be worth the trouble. I raise them continuously but by adding eggs. Try and buy the eggs in bulk, lots less $.

no, I think you misunderstood what I meant, I know you can buy the hatcherys and stuff like that, it just that I would want to have some sort of continuous breeding system... I plan on raising clowns etc.. so I would like to have a big brine shrimp population.

First of all, if you want to raise clowns, you need to feed them rotifers for a while before they can eat newborn brine shrimp (nauplii) ;
Raising live brine shrimp to perpetuate their life cycle is labour intensive and fraught with many failures even after acquiring the needed skills.
It takes me about 4 weeks to hatch nauplii from cysts and grow them to adult and have them produce live born nauplii. Dropout along the way is sometimes significant.
If you really want to try anyway, go to my page on raising brine shrimp and after my article there are several excellent links on brine shrimp, especially the first link "Tank Grown ".

RAISING BRINE SHRIMP

Thanks, I am aware of the Rotifers I got some culture starters coming from Florida Aqua Farms sometime soon.

well thanks a lot!

I will look into your site once I have a nice night of sleep.

Thanks again!
Max

Back
Top Bottom