Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-30-2012, 09:15 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah depending on what fish/invert you want. Myself I wouldn't order a delicate fish like a powder blue tang but most fish I would. I had a flame angel, hi-fin goby, and a mated pair of gold band maroons shipped to me and I have had all four for six months, not to mention the two shrimps I got at the same time & still have those as well.

Old 10-01-2012, 01:06 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist

I have purchased several fish from Live aquaria.com. Actually, last week I ordered and received a Kole Tang from them. Their quality is superior. I always end up receiving items bigger than they appear on their website versus the other way around. I have had a few issues and they always took care of it. For example in one of my orders my fire shrimp died during the drip acclimation. They gave me a full refund without any questions. I have also found them to be about 25% cheaper than my LFS. To counter the extreme shipping costs, I always order multiple items to capitalize on the free shipping. I have also ordered from reefs2go, twice, but I have not been happy with their service.

Old 10-01-2012, 01:26 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Awesome thanks...
Old 10-01-2012, 02:14 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

I would see what price your LFS can get do. Most I have dealt with are happy to special order.

Silly question, but are you planning to put that Tang in the 35g you have listed?
Old 10-01-2012, 02:16 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Possibly. I dont have 3 of the fish that are listed now.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:52 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Convicts can get 7-8" and need a much larger tank (125g). That kinda goes for most Tangs. People will argue how large, but I tend to agree that Tangs need larger space to cruise around. Will smaller kill them? No. Is it healthy for them? No. I sure would not go smaller than 75g.

Tags
convict, tan, tang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com