Convolutriloba (flatworms) Needed... REALLY!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tshannon

Aquarium Advice Newbie
As strange as it may seem... I actually WANT these things.

If anyone in the area of Athens, GA has an infestation of Convolutriloba retrogemma, C. longifissura, or C. Hastifera, I will GLADLY come to your home/business (this includes pet stores) and siphon out as many as I physically can FOR FREE.

I am conducting research on the nature of the symbiosis between these worms and their algal endosymbionts and tend to run through populations rather quickly.

I am an experienced aquarist as well as a coral/invertebrate ecologist, so I fully understand the delicate nature of tank systems, i.e., you needn't worry about some hack coming in and flailing about willy-nilly in your aquarium.

Cheers,
Tom Shannon
Institute of Ecology
University of Georgia

I have no idea which ones I have, but I have 2 nano's with a ton of the rust colored ones. I was about to mail order a sea slug to eat them up. I googled the species you are after, and could not find any pictures to match.

I am arround Charlotte, NC, which is a bit far for you but if you can't find any there you are more than welcome to mine. I grow them like crazy in my 2 gallon pico, and I don't even put any food in that tank, ever, for any reason, as it is my coral frag baby tank/experiment run amock.

Let me know if you want mine, I will be ordering a sea slug sometime in the next few weeks, they they will likely be gone in a month or so.

David

Back
Top Bottom