Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-07-2006, 07:25 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict
Cool water corals

I am thinking of taking down one of my 30 gal QT tanks and making a tank with a chiller for catalina gobies. I will have lower wattage in the tank so it will be easier to cool. My question is does anyone know how mushrooms and zoos will do in water that is around 68-70 degrees? This is just a idea so input is appreciated.

*The fact that no one understands you doesn't make you an artist.
*If guns kill people...Spoons make Michael Moore fat.
Brenden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 07:54 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak
Not sure bout those, but aren't there some cold water gorgonians?

Only thing more dangerous than a 2nd lieutenant saying "In my experience" is a warrant officer saying "Hey guys, check this out!"
zuzecawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 09:37 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak
Tampa bay salt water keeps some reef tanks at 64 or so. I don't think it would be a problem with the right corals. Buggered if I know what they are though.
Scottm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 11:48 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
A temperature thread came up on a local board and seems like some of the local reefers actually keep there reef tanks in the 70+ degree range. I was unaware that anyone did this.

Might be very possible based on the locals here.
*180 gal Display, 100 gal basement sump, 33 gal refugium, 3x250 MH, 2x160 VHO actinics, zoos, some softies, LPS & lots of acros and other SPS.
*100 gal prop tank plumbed into main system w/ 2x96 PC lights and 1x150 MH,
ellisz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 01:31 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Regular
There are people on RC that has coral water marine tanks set up. They have certain kinds of anemone and fish not much corals though.
aznbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 07:07 PM   #6
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
There are some you can do this with but you just have to make sure you keep it constant. Up and down swings is where you have problems.

melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote

cool water, coral, corals

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com