Cool yellow reef compatible fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mdjxt39

Aquarium Advice Regular
Can you guys name some cool yellow reef compatible fish that can survive in a 55 gallon tank well?

Also on a side note, when adding corals is there a limit to how many you can place in at once? I am just curious because my LFS is very very overpriced when it comes to corals, liveaquaria has a really well priced and nice selection of corals but to make ordering from them worth it you need to get at least 2 - 4 corals at a shot so you don't waste money on shipping. So is it possible to order like 4 pieces of coral and place them in your tank at one time?

Midas blenny is one of my favorites. May get to 4 or 5". He'll perch inside of rock holes and peer out. Swims out front often too. Look at the yellow citron clown goby too. He'll perch on rocks, coral, or the front of the glass. Maybe 1 1/12" max. Try the yellow watchman goby (sits on the bottom only peering from underneath the rocks) with or without the pistol shrimp (w/the shrimp is so cool).

Another blenny that's pretty cool in how he'll swim out front also and is very curious. One of the fang, forktail blennies (can't handle'm w/out a net, he'll bite you). Canary blenny. http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?pCatId=70

Blennies are very interesting with seemingly loads of personality.

Attachments

• tank_and_mom_house_014_126.jpg
    tank_and_mom_house_014_126.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 34
There is also the yellowheaded jawfish and yellow watchman goby. Both interesting fish.

There shouldn't be a problem with adding more than one coral since they don't effect your bioload.

forktail blennies (can't handle'm w/out a net, he'll bite you)

I had one of these, they are great. He would hover above the LR and dart up to it and snatch something off of it. They can blend with the LR really well. Unless you don't see where he usually hides, you would have a hard time finding him. None of my damsels ever bothered him. Great personality. Like austinsdad said, they have a venomous bite, so be careful. I also like the pistol shrimp/gobies combos.

They are really sweet though!
- yet a potential diner on shrimp added after him.

I agree w/Melosu58 on the coral addition. How long has the tank been established? Got any particular corals in mind yet?

Yellow tang. Beautiful fish and almost jedi-like for algae control.

austinsdad said:
They are really sweet though!
- yet a potential diner on shrimp added after him.

I agree w/Melosu58 on the coral addition. How long has the tank been established? Got any particular corals in mind yet?

I was thinking for my first 3 corals I would go with a Pineapple Brain, Candy Cane Coral, and a mushroom of some color.

PS Ntswift, I LOVE THAT FISH...I put it in my definite to add list!

The thing that sucks about a reef tank is there are so many cool fish, but you can only really add 6 max for a 55 gallon and no angels :(.

Back
Top Bottom