Coolest hitchhiker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darylb

Aquarium Advice Addict
Jw what your coolest hitch hiker is that you have got and why :) mine is this cucumber type thing that survived my cycle and me moving house and everything :) please tell and share pics of yours no matter what it is either coral invert or whatever

Attachments

• image-192755231.jpg
    image-192755231.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 194
  • image-218526977.jpg
    image-218526977.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 180
My urchin. Found him at pea size, now is at fist size.

Attachments

• IMG_0957.jpg
    IMG_0957.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 203
I bought a 24 gallon biocube the other day that had "nothing but a hermit crab in it." There's some kind of fish in the filtration and I can't get it out. Lol. That's the coolest one but I still don't know what it is. Maybe some sort of chromis. It's like a royal blue.

What sort of filter do you have I would rip it apart and try get it out won't last long in a filter

What sort of filter do you have I would rip it apart and try get it out won't last long in a filter

It's like a Refugium with live rock. It has a lot of room, it's just awkwardly shaped. I may see what comes apart. I bet there's a YouTube video out there that will show me how. Lol

YouTube or google always seem to save the day Ilove looking at my live rock finding new things all the time :) except aptasia -_- found 2 tiny ones tonight :(

YouTube or google always seem to save the day Ilove looking at my live rock finding new things all the time :) except aptasia -_- found 2 tiny ones tonight :(

Yes they do. I swear when I graduate college I'm going to write YouTube and Google thank you letters. (And easy-bib. Lol)

I love buying live rock because I LOVE hitchhikers. :) I love saltwater because no matter how much you think you know what's living in your tank, you don't. Lol. You'll always find something weird and new sometime.

And yuck on the aptasia. Time to break out the lemon juice!

Jmay33 that looks like a blue damsel. Mean little guys! They are big bullies. May want to really think about keeping him. They will harass other fish.

image-3398082811.jpg

Here is a crab that I had. No telling how long he was in my tank. I left him alone until he started going after fish and my cleaner shrimp. Then he had to come out.

You cant stick your hand in there and get him out?

Jmay33 that looks like a blue damsel. Mean little guys! They are big bullies. May want to really think about keeping him. They will harass other fish.

Here is a crab that I had. No telling how long he was in my tank. I left him alone until he started going after fish and my cleaner shrimp. Then he had to come out.

Yuck. Well I'm glad I didn't catch him and put him with my other fish.

What kind of crab is that?

I think it was a gorilla crab. Its on a long skewer (not a tooth pick) and was about the size of a 50 cent piece.

Yea it did suck :( didnt want to kill him but also didnt want him killing my fish. Also had another cool hitch hiker. I dont know what it was but I lost him when my heater malfunctioned and heated my tank up to 92 degrees. He was a real cute little guy.

image-1025142316.jpg

Yea it did suck :( didnt want to kill him but also didnt want him killing my fish. Also had another cool hitch hiker. I dont know what it was but I lost him when my heater malfunctioned and heated my tank up to 92 degrees. He was a real cute little guy.

Awe. That looks like a sea slug or a sea cucumber. It is cute!!

I hate that there are mean things in aquariums. Like that damsel that is in mine. Blah.

Also have a hitch hiker coral. I posted a thread here and we havent been able to figure out what it is. Its the bright green thing with tentacles.

image-246358531.jpg

Back
Top Bottom