Copperband butterfly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmartin722

Aquarium Advice Activist
I purchased a copperband to help with my aiptasia problem and have had since Friday. So far I have not seen it eat anything much less any of the aiptasia. Is there a trick to encourage it start eating it. It's really active and is constantly hanging out with foxface and sailfin.

ForumRunner_20121104_004202.jpg

They are not easy to get eating and should only be owned by more advanced fish keepers. Also, never buy a fish to do a job like eating aipista. Buy a peopermint shrimp instead if your that desperate

The reason for the butterfly is quite simple. I cannot keep shrimp due to my eel. So to my knowledge that limited me to either a file fish or the butterfly. Both of which are said to be difficult to keep. The butterfly is however a lot more attractive fish Imo. I wasn't quite as clear as I should have been in original post. The butterfly is eating just so far not the aiptasia like I hoped. So why I might not be as experienced as you or others on here. There is usually a method to the madness even if not fully apparent as first. Thanks for you assistance.

You dont have any corals do you because they will eat them also IME. It`s hit or miss if they do eat the aiptasia. All you can do is try and see.

Back
Top Bottom