Copperband Butterfly Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CEverii

Aquarium Advice Freak
Found a one for a pretty good deal near my area. I've got a 75g now that will be a reef tank in another few months. How are these guys with my inverts and reef tanks? According to liveaquaria.com it says to use caution in reef tanks, but in the description it says they are best kept in large reef tanks :confused:.

Also how bad are they about picking on inverts? Ive got a few elusive peppermint shrimp and some hermits.

IMO I would not use them in a reef tank. All butterflies are a big risk. Alot of people use them for aiptasia. If they`ll eat them they`ll eat corals IMO.

Dang, they are such cool fish.

What about a longnose hawkfish? I dont know what it is about skinny nosed fish, but they interest me lol. Those also are listed as "reef caution".

I believe your inverts like the shrimp and crabs will be more at risk than your corals with that fish.

I kept a CBB in my system for almost a year with no issues. I even had it trained to eat mysis right out of my hand. They are one of the few butterfly fish I believe are "reef" safe. I would not suggest adding any clams if you chose to get this fish as they are likely to nip at the mantle.

As with any addition to your system there is always a risk that the animal you get will act differently than my experience or anyone else. Keep that in mind when making your decision.

cbbfeeding.jpg

Back
Top Bottom