Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-12-2009, 08:24 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Copperband - new arrival

I have just added 2 green + 2 yellow coral gobies to my tank; while I was at the LFS I spotted a baby Copperband and the guy through it in. I spotted him for the first 2 days hiding in the tank; however, I have not spotted him for the last 3 days. All I have in the tank is the gobies and 2 clowns. Both clowns did not bother any of the new arrivals do you think that he will still be ok???

I have a lot of live rock so it is easy to hide!

Old 04-12-2009, 02:15 PM   #2
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

If he has alot of hiding spaces then he should be OK. My concern is how`s he doing about eating? Some of those fish dont make it because they arent trained to eat prepared foods. Hopefully your`s is eating.

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

You can view many of my fish and corals in my photo albums in my profile.

View my tank

AA Community Rules|AA TOS

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 02:47 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

IME the copper band should be out and about all the time. Mine comes to the glass every time I'm at the tank. If you haven't seen the fish in 3 days you should really look closely to see if it has died in the rock somewhere. Getting a copper band to eat is the most difficult part of keeping one. They really should be fed daily.
Ziggy953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 06:33 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

I have looked and looked but cannot see him. I have not been able to see any skeleton or any evidence that the other fish have been picking.

The LFS owner gave it to me as he did not have any live rock in the tank and said it will be much happier in my tank. He is only a baby (not sure how old) but he is only 2cm (1in). Lets hope that he is just happy eating in a safe place.

Do they tend to come out more in the night?
Ziggy953; I understand that yours are friendly but do you remember what happened when you first put yours in?
Old 04-13-2009, 03:49 PM   #5
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Mine hid only for a few hours when I first put it in the tank. After that it was out and about.
Ziggy953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 11:07 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to TheChad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy953 View Post
IME the copper band should be out and about all the time. Mine comes to the glass every time I'm at the tank. If you haven't seen the fish in 3 days you should really look closely to see if it has died in the rock somewhere. Getting a copper band to eat is the most difficult part of keeping one. They really should be fed daily.

Hey Ziggy,

How much do you think they should be eating? I got mine 9 days ago, he was eating mysis shrimp at the LFS, I brought him home, he stayed behind some rocks under a shelf for the better part of a week, I never saw him eat, but all my tube worms were gone (Thank god!) So I figured he was eating them, After about 5-6 days I saw him eat a few pieces of Mysis when it would come infront of him, but he was still shy.

Now it's been 9 days and the last 2-3 days he has been out swimming all over the tank, and when I feed he goes after the shrimp like all the other fish. I am thrilled! But am curious how much he should be eating when fed? I want to make sure that he is eating enough, or I can feed 2x a day.

I'd say he's eating about 5+ pieces. If I feed a 2nd time, he will eat both times.

Thanks,

-TheChad

90 Gallon Drilled Glass Tank w/ Corner Overflow: 492w (2x 150w 14,000K MH, 2x 96w Actinic CF) Coralife Aqualight Pro | Custom 34x15x15 Sump/Refugium | SWC Skimmer | Coralife Turbo-Twist 6x UV Sterilizer | Maxi-Jet Power Head w/Sure Flow Upgrade Kit | 120lbs of Live Rock | 100lbs of Live Sand
TheChad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
val

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com