copperbanded butterfly eating!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aarref

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i introduced a copperbanded butterfly from about 1 and a half weeks no and it still didn`t eat anything the aquarium capacity is 540liters and it isnt being bullyed from other fish!! what can i do!! does she is going to starve!! is there any vhance that she eat? 10x wath is its prefered food?

Copperbanded's are not an easy fish to keep. They feed on featherduster worms. I was told once the worm population is gone, it will starve to death. I've found this to be true. I had one that didn't last long. :(

These are very deliberate feeders and hard to get to eat. A lot do not accept prepaired foods and end up starving to death. What are you currently feeding this fish? In my experience, they do not accept flake food. The best thing to do is feed froozen brine that have been thawed out in a garlic soultion like Garlic Guard by SeaChem or Kent's Garlic Extreme. THis will hopefully stimulate the appitite of the fish. Do you know where and how this fish was caught? I would contact the LFS where you got and ask them how long they had it, if it ate for them and what they fed it.

Back
Top Bottom