Coral Acclimation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bootz

Aquarium Advice Freak
When acclimating corals do you turn off your lights? thanks :D

Yep. Less stress in my opinion. Plus I float them in the bag so it avoids them getting too hot and also keeps them small so they don't damage themselves.

I temp acclimate mine until the water is the same temperature in the bag adn then either dip the corals or put them right in. depending on the time I get home with the purchase I will generally leave the lights on. Most corals will open a bit at least.

thanks guys i ordered them offline and it was recommended by the seller to turn the lights off.

i just received the frag but i had to drive to the fedex to do so b.c they had a royal screw up. I have a problem though the coral is detached from the ceramic frag can i use a dab of aquarium safe silicon to put it back on the plug?

bootz said:
i just received the frag but i had to drive to the fedex to do so b.c they had a royal screw up. I have a problem though the coral is detached from the ceramic frag can i use a dab of aquarium safe silicon to put it back on the plug?

Super glue gel works great and dries right away.

Super glue won't work on mushrooms or ricordia very well. Don't use aquarium silicon.

To acclimate I float the bag for about 20 minutes. then I dip win flatworm x, rinse with tank water, then I use a magnifying glass to check for anything that I might not want in my tank. and then depending on the coral I use and Iodine dip followed up by a good rinse from more tank water. You want to make sure there are no pest that get in your display tank.

Learned about super glue + mushrooms the hard way. Let's just say that there is probably a thriving population on blue mushrooms in the back of my tank.

Update: after rummaging through some stuff i remembered i had some puddy similar to that of marineland after a little research i found it was reef safe! i actually lucked out for once lol.

Back
Top Bottom