Coral Banded Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's my "little" guy. He's actually pretty big, him and all his whiskery glory!

Attachments

• image-642125700.jpg
    image-642125700.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 71
It's in about the same position as Firemedic's CBS. Does he bother anyone? Who are his tankmates?

His tank mates are a striped cardinal, perc clown and a scissor tail goby along with an assortment of CUC. He doesnt bother anyone. Every now and again one of the fish will roam into his cave and he chases them out but nothing more then that

Good deal, I'm assuming you're talking rock cave and not sand cave.
Right now I have a pair of clarkii's and a yellow watchman goby.

This tank has a lot of caves in it. The watchman dug himself in on the leftmost rock of the tank, and the clowns hover around a cave not too far from that. I think there are still some good spots left though :)

I agree about the caves. Mine loves them. He hangs upside down in them and chases out anybody that dares to enter. He isn't aggressive, just insistent. He will come out and wander around and sometimes perch on top of the rocks. Sometimes he sits out in the open on the sand. The tang keeps trying to get him to clean her but he isn't really interested. Tons of fun to watch.

I finally got a blue coral banded shrimp. This guy is tiny, very tiny. My LFS told me didn't have to buy it since it was so small (I had them order the blue one specially for me) I was slightly worried my clarkii's would eat him, but so far so good. They cornered him after I first put him in there, but then backed away and he went to hang under a rock in the other corner. So far so good, but he's only been in there like 20minutes :p

How much did you end up paying for it then?? Small like the size of a penny? Or sexy shrimp size? Any pics? Probably hard to get one if hes so small and hiding haha. I bet he is cute!

I don't have a good pic at all :( Don't mind the nasties on the glass and sand, purchased a dirty setup, slowly getting it all cleaned up (parameters are good) Anyhow here is the only pic I got, was paying too much attention to see if the clowns will attack or not.

img_1316416_0_aa1d51f0e3091c7c1c4ab668f0ddf65b.jpg

If I can get a decent pic I'll post it, right now he's behind a rock and I can barely see him at all. Oh price, they wanted $19.99, but she gave him to me for $12.99 Also said that if the clowns do mow him over they'll replace him for me since he is so tiny, but they didn't think the clowns would bother him too much.

I really did considered getting one, but my LFS insisted that its not a good idea so I got a fire shrimp instead. After reading this thread, I might get one since a lot of people are having success. My fire shrimp has already staked out his "area" so maybe I can get the CBS to stay on the other side :)

Awee he is tiny, really cute : )

Yeah, too tiny that at the moment I can't find him :p
Then again with all the smaller LR I have in there, just about any CBS could hide. I wonder how quickly he'll grow. I also wonder what size bristle worms he'll be able to eat. I think I have worms of all sizes in that tank so I'll do a lot of spying tonight!

I have 2 now and boy do they grow fast. In 3 months or so they've grown about 60%. Mine are well fed as I overfeed my fish so they're always cleaning up the bed.

I'm glad to hear they grow fast, mine will have plenty to eat with all the small bristles around. I just hate that I can't seem him, so small and so many hiding places. I'll just have to keep spying on the tank I guess.

I am going to get me one for sure I just hope he is a peaceful tank mate because right now I'm preparing to upgrade from a 90 gal to a 180 gal and would like him to be able to get in the tank a happy shrimp.

A quick update. I put the CBS in the tank 2 weeks ago and hadn't seen it since. I had all the rock moved in that tank yesterday trying to find my one urchin (moving that one to a different tank, and got a new one for that tank) Anyhow while I was moving the rock around I did see my tiny blue cbs is alive and well :)

Back
Top Bottom