Coral banded shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cathyjane

Aquarium Advice Activist
I came home for lunch and found my shrimp just laying in the bottom of the tank. After work I went to pull him out and there wasn't much substance to him and figured I had lost another critter. A few minutes later when I was looking behind the LR to see how my scallop was doing, there was the shrimp. I didn't know they shed their shell. How often to they do this?

Yup....they molt....im not sure how often they do this but i think it depends on the water quality....the better the water quality, the more often the will molt....i think :wink:

OK, I've learned a new word today. I've seen it a few times, but didn't know what it is\was.

I have a coral banded and it sheds about once a month. He just left a carcass the other day all in one peice. I still look for him right away to make sure it is merely a shell and not really him.

Howard

My coral banded shrimp molted too last night! It was my first time seeing a shrip molt - didn't know they did that!

Back
Top Bottom