coral banded shrimp capabilities

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

george9617

Aquarium Advice Regular
I purchased a cbs the same day as my red fairy anthias one night goes by and he's on floor with what looks like a whole in his head. I like the cbs but can he kill my gold stripe maroon or engineer goby. What's the rule of thumb here. Thanks ahead of time

they are a cleaner shrimp and dont usually attack fish but i had one that attacked my other cleaner shrimp

Of the cleaner shrimp varieties, the CBS is one of the more aggressive, but I think it is far more likely that the anthias died of disease, shock, or stress (most likely incurred before your purchase and not your fault) and in the night, something took a bite. This phenomenon is how bristle worms got a bad reputation. Be on the lookout for aggressive behavior nonetheless. But right off hand, I'd be very reluctant to blame the shrimp, personally.

I've had one a year its aggressive towards other shrimp but fish it don't bother at all ...

Thanks for the input guys, he hasn't bothered anyone at all not even the pep shrimp I have. Seems like almost everything from this shop dies -_- def keeping him. Very interesting to watch clean up crew make nothing of the fish corps. They only left a spine

Back
Top Bottom