Coral banded shrimp in a fish and reef tank OK?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

austinsdad

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've always loved them and never had'm. I think I had a good reason but forgot what it was. Reef safe, right? Got 8-10 peppermint, 5 cleaners, 1 blood red, and a pistol in a 75g.

My LFS told me once that the the smaller CBS with the yellow markings were safer (for what, I don't remember), and that the larger CBS w/out the yellow coloring were much safer and less destructive than the plain white ones. Of course, I'd like to consider a pair. Territory issues?

To CBS or not to CBS, that is the question. :?:

a pair isnt a good idea in a small tank. I have a CB in my reef and have for about a year now. I rarely see him, but...he doesnt cause any problems either. 8)

I have two peps, two cleaners, one blood one pistol and one cbs in my reef. I think you will be fine.

CBS is reef safe, however, they are territorial and once established they will not hesitate to take a chunck outta yo' fishaz. I have a pair of cleaners and 1 CBS. The only pair you may keep is a mated pair. Otherwise one will surely die at the claws of the other. For the record, I have a 75G tank too and the one is plenty. I've had him for about 3 or 4 months and he has grown to be bigger than the size of my hand. They are boxer and won't take any crap off other tank mates, so consider 1 unless you can find a mated pair.

GL...

The CBS I had in my 75G harassed my fish from time to time. I don't think it's as much the space as how it might ambush your fish when they sleep

But what about the difference between the yellow striped one - which seems to be the smaller variety, and the larger one which is all white? Anybody know the diff between the two?

Back
Top Bottom