Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 06-06-2005, 10:53 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Send a message via AIM to Labrat
Coral Banded Shrimp Question

Previously I was unaware that anything would eat bristleworms but today I was watching my tank and my coral banded shrimp grabbed something off his rock and scuttled down the bottom. When he stopped I saw that he had a bristleworm in his pinchers! I laughed because I thought he would never be able to eat it. But he ripped all the bristles of the worm and ate it while I watched. I was wondering if this is something that coral banded shrimp do or if mine's just crazy. Help?

Labrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 04:46 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via AIM to SeriousDude5
No its normal the man at my LFS said it when I bought mine he said staight up they eat bristle worms. I have never seen mine eat one but he picks at the rocks eating things i cannot see.
SeriousDude5 is offline   Reply With Quote

coral, coral banded, rim, shrimp

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search