Coral beauty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pschmitt

Aquarium Advice Freak
Anyone witnessed a coral beauty killing other fish? A few weeks after I introduced that fish my b&w clownfish had his tail chewed off. Thought maybe it was from a PH and let it go. Then last night my healthy normal ocellaris passed as well. It's just so coincidental that all this happened after introducing the CB. Any thoughts on this? Fish killer or not?

angels can be mean! what size tank do you have? what other fish are in there? I have an ebili in my 55g that I think killed 2 purple firefish I recently added to HIS tank... they can be real bullies.

I bought a ywg at same time as firefish, and he's doin great! probably because he found the pistol shrimp and lives in his tunnels where angel cant find him. I see angelfish looking around in that spot alot waiting to get him, just like he did with the firefish. Its like he's on patrol or something.. he doesnt bother my pair of ocellaris clowns though. I think because they were in my tank first. I will get rid of him before I get anymore fish. plus he's a coral taster lately. he's also the reason I can't keep zoas alive very long unless they're protected, and he likes eating my lobo. he's gone as soon as I upgrade! Do you have corals or are you planning to do reef in the future? They are a 50/50 shot that they will be a pain in your rear end:) but they are beautiful fish:)

Yes, I do have corals and seems fine with them. Figure I'll just stop adding fish and just enjoy by CB, blenny, and gobby. As soon as I catch him nipping at my SPS's, off he goes back to the LFS. :). Thanks for all of your replies.

My ebili was good for about 9 months. a perfect reef citizen. then all of a sudden i lost a few zoa colonies, and my blastos. now a year+ in a bigger tank and he nips at everything, especially if i'm looking at the tank. he knows i'll feed him to make him stop eating the corals. thats the thing with angels- they seem to all of a sudden turn into nightmares, half the time anyway. as much as i love them i will never get another for a reef..

Yeah, I was kinda planning to get a coral beuaty, but after reading this thread, I feel a little unsure. Would it do well in a 29 gal with three blue/green chromis?:confused:

A pair of ocellaris clowns, a zebra dartfish, banggai cardinals, a longnose hawk, there are a ton of possibilities. BTW, I have almost all (getting the cardinals soon) of those fish, and they get along.

Coral beauty took the dorsal fin off my meanest clown in a 34 solana. They mess with eachother in the 125. Don't let the name fool you.

Thanks everyone for your replies. Guess this thread was a success and also very helpful for future CB researchers. I wouldn't chance this fish with chromis. I had one who hung out with my clownfish and also passed after introducing this bully. But they are pretty. Serves me right for wanting a nice show fish. Guess he showed me, huh? :)

Back
Top Bottom