Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-21-2011, 10:49 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Coral beauty

Anyone witnessed a coral beauty killing other fish? A few weeks after I introduced that fish my b&w clownfish had his tail chewed off. Thought maybe it was from a PH and let it go. Then last night my healthy normal ocellaris passed as well. It's just so coincidental that all this happened after introducing the CB. Any thoughts on this? Fish killer or not?

Old 09-21-2011, 11:24 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Send a message via ICQ to crzytrace
angels can be mean! what size tank do you have? what other fish are in there? I have an ebili in my 55g that I think killed 2 purple firefish I recently added to HIS tank... they can be real bullies.

Old 09-21-2011, 11:45 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

30 gal tank. The two other fish are doing well (lawnmower blenny & YWG).
Old 09-21-2011, 12:32 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Coral beauty angels need a way bigger tank then 30gal
Old 09-21-2011, 12:41 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

I do research the fish that I buy.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/p...438&pcatid=438
Old 09-21-2011, 12:41 PM   #6

I bought a ywg at same time as firefish, and he's doin great! probably because he found the pistol shrimp and lives in his tunnels where angel cant find him. I see angelfish looking around in that spot alot waiting to get him, just like he did with the firefish. Its like he's on patrol or something.. he doesnt bother my pair of ocellaris clowns though. I think because they were in my tank first. I will get rid of him before I get anymore fish. plus he's a coral taster lately. he's also the reason I can't keep zoas alive very long unless they're protected, and he likes eating my lobo. he's gone as soon as I upgrade! Do you have corals or are you planning to do reef in the future? They are a 50/50 shot that they will be a pain in your rear end but they are beautiful fish
Old 09-21-2011, 12:44 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pschmitt
Ah my bad I was thinking of an emperor angel fish for some reason. But yeah angel fish can be very territorial.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:50 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yes, I do have corals and seems fine with them. Figure I'll just stop adding fish and just enjoy by CB, blenny, and gobby. As soon as I catch him nipping at my SPS's, off he goes back to the LFS. . Thanks for all of your replies.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:50 PM   #9

My ebili was good for about 9 months. a perfect reef citizen. then all of a sudden i lost a few zoa colonies, and my blastos. now a year+ in a bigger tank and he nips at everything, especially if i'm looking at the tank. he knows i'll feed him to make him stop eating the corals. thats the thing with angels- they seem to all of a sudden turn into nightmares, half the time anyway. as much as i love them i will never get another for a reef..
Old 09-22-2011, 01:57 PM   #10

Yeah, I was kinda planning to get a coral beuaty, but after reading this thread, I feel a little unsure. Would it do well in a 29 gal with three blue/green chromis?

Tags
coral, coral beauty

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com