Coral beauty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

woody390

Aquarium Advice Addict
Does anyone keep one of these in a reef tank I've heard people say they can be put in reefs but I've also heard they eat coral does anyone keep these with corals?

I house one in my 55 reef. They, like most if not all, dwarf angels are hit or miss. I feed my tank twice a week with mysis or blood worms to keep him full enough to where he won't nip at my coral. It still is a constant feeder, swimming around plucking at algae growth around the tank. I strongly believe that if you have an alge free tank then you are setting yourself up to fail in terms of this fish and coral.

So as long as I have plenty of food it should leave the coral alone? Will they eat seaweed clips etc if I don't have much algae in the tank?

What about cheato or something or never tried that either?

I have a coral beauty in my 75 gallon reef I believe for two years now and it has never nipped at coral that I have noticed. She really likes the seaweed on a clip! But I may just be lucky!

woody390 said:
Does anyone keep one of these in a reef tank I've heard people say they can be put in reefs but I've also heard they eat coral does anyone keep these with corals?

I have a coral beauty and a bi color angel no problems here

Back
Top Bottom