Coral beauty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

G1203

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does anyone have any tips about coral beauties? Just got a very small one and want some tips. The store owner said it was from Bali so it is a better looking fish. I don't know if that's true but that's what he said.

image-2295043828.jpg

Attachments

• image-2115641194.jpg
    image-2115641194.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 159
This is a some what aggressive species and wouldn't be the best option for a reef tank

Hasn't chased the clowns and acts like the corals don't even exists... I guess I got lucky but I just got done trapping both my peppermint shrimp because I saw both of them ripping the inside of my frogspawn out and eating it!!!!! So muck for reef safe!!!!!

Every fish and invertebrate is different so it's not that strange. The coral beauty will probably establish a territory and not be overly aggressive

Yah on top of that im adding a tomini rand so the tomini will be most domonent

You need at least a 75 for a tomini. And was the frogspawn flesh dead? They usually don't do that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm getting a baby tomini and I'm upgrading very soon. Yah I'm positive it was eating the frogspawn! I thought I was seeing things but I guess not! I took the shrimp back and got some aqua man zoas and some hermits.

I keep my coral beauty in my 40B reef along with a pair of yellow banded Maroon clowns
pair of Bangii Cardinals ,4 chromis , I grow macros in my tank and my coral beauty loves them
he also eats pellets ,he does not bother any corals
img_2538363_0_892c33ab3e834d969e8163a6a9e708a3.jpg

Beautiful fish!!! Will mine get more orange on the sides as it ages? It's really colorful but not as good as yours. The guy said it was from bali and it would end up looking amazing when it's an adult

what you see for markings on your fish will most likely stay as to what you see
I got real lucky with the bold and vibrant colors on this fish , my first coral beauty was more blue with very little orange he had a good personality just not the bold coloration
if your looking for a colorful fish find a young fish with colors that pop so than you know your almost sure to have a colorful adult
another sure fire way is to find a male , females tend not to hold there coloration as well

Yah the guy said they have different coloration based on where they are from. The guy at the fish store said he was from Bali.

Your a good owner to have a fish that's 12 years old!!!! That's amazing, bet it has some memories behind it.

My coral beauty is 12 years old and a model citizen.

Very impressive, I hope I can keep mine that long. As for the middle citizen, does that include leaving clams and tube worms alone? I am trying to decide if I want to attempt them at some point.

Back
Top Bottom