Coral beauty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Konrade

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm thinking that I want a coral beauty now and I have a 29 gallon with 20 pounds lr and good filtration. The only other thing in there right now is a peaceful yellowtail damsel. Do you guys think that I could have one? My tank has plenty of algae. I also have algae sheets and I want to keep it as healthy and good looking as possible. The foods I have include squid, vitamin enriched brine, formula one, emerald frozen, bio blend angel food, and some imitation of formula one. Rememer I want it to exude beautiful color. Any special needs besides water quality?

I would watch the damsel closely. Beauties, I believe, tend to be shy and the damsels are territorial. The damsel may bully at feeding time.

Agreed. The coral beauuty is a great fish and would be a nice addition. I am leary about the damsel. It may be a bit aggressive.

MY coral beauty is harassed a little by a clakii so immagine what a damsal will do. I would be leary about adding one with the yellow tail in there. Get rid of the damsel add the beauty and a royal gramma!!! two gorgoues fish for the one mean yellow tail.

actually to tell u the truth i think it would be absolutly fine. i did a little research on the damsel (yellowtail in specific) and it says it is one of the more peaceful damsels. It also appears that it likes to have peaceful tankmates and from my experience it is very peaceful. But trust me if things do happen to get out of hand they can play rough because my angel holds its ground against my 1 1/2 foot long eel and sometimes even dares to go into its lare. :evil: :evil: haha u should go for it i think it would be fine
also depends on the fish but formula should be fine because mine never touched he algea lettuce and same with the formula 2 but it devours the #1 so try it and see what happens u nver no

Are you planning to have any corals. Angels have been known to nip at the soft fleshy polyps. Not all but some do.

No, I do not plan to have corals and my damsel wouldn't hurt a flea. I have had him since the beginning of my cycle and he has been with different types of fish, and they were always the ones that picked on him! I have never absolutely never seen him be aggressive in any way. Besides there will be planty of territory with 2 small fish.

My coral beauty loves green algae, from the rock and by the sheet. If you get one it will probably clean your rock squeaky clean :lol:

I have two yellow tail damsels with my coral beauty. The get along fine sofar. I think having plenty of hinding places (caves) is key.

yes i have plenty of hiding places. I have a fake reef. lr and decoration corals all the way :mrgreen:

my beauty actually kinda likes to hide behiond the skimmer box. . . thye same place where it sleeps with my maroon clown :lol:

Back
Top Bottom