Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-13-2005, 03:05 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Konrade
Coral beauty

I'm thinking that I want a coral beauty now and I have a 29 gallon with 20 pounds lr and good filtration. The only other thing in there right now is a peaceful yellowtail damsel. Do you guys think that I could have one? My tank has plenty of algae. I also have algae sheets and I want to keep it as healthy and good looking as possible. The foods I have include squid, vitamin enriched brine, formula one, emerald frozen, bio blend angel food, and some imitation of formula one. Rememer I want it to exude beautiful color. Any special needs besides water quality?

Old 08-13-2005, 08:46 AM   #2
JG
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I would watch the damsel closely. Beauties, I believe, tend to be shy and the damsels are territorial. The damsel may bully at feeding time.

Old 08-13-2005, 10:06 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Agreed. The coral beauuty is a great fish and would be a nice addition. I am leary about the damsel. It may be a bit aggressive.
Old 08-13-2005, 10:31 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

MY coral beauty is harassed a little by a clakii so immagine what a damsal will do. I would be leary about adding one with the yellow tail in there. Get rid of the damsel add the beauty and a royal gramma!!! two gorgoues fish for the one mean yellow tail.
Oscar Wilde
MYTY1705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 04:54 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

actually to tell u the truth i think it would be absolutly fine. i did a little research on the damsel (yellowtail in specific) and it says it is one of the more peaceful damsels. It also appears that it likes to have peaceful tankmates and from my experience it is very peaceful. But trust me if things do happen to get out of hand they can play rough because my angel holds its ground against my 1 1/2 foot long eel and sometimes even dares to go into its lare. haha u should go for it i think it would be fine
also depends on the fish but formula should be fine because mine never touched he algea lettuce and same with the formula 2 but it devours the #1 so try it and see what happens u nver no
Old 08-13-2005, 06:06 PM   #6
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

Are you planning to have any corals. Angels have been known to nip at the soft fleshy polyps. Not all but some do.

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

You can view many of my fish and corals in my photo albums in my profile.

View my tank

AA Community Rules|AA TOS

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 12:30 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Konrade
No, I do not plan to have corals and my damsel wouldn't hurt a flea. I have had him since the beginning of my cycle and he has been with different types of fish, and they were always the ones that picked on him! I have never absolutely never seen him be aggressive in any way. Besides there will be planty of territory with 2 small fish.
Old 08-14-2005, 07:20 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak

My coral beauty loves green algae, from the rock and by the sheet. If you get one it will probably clean your rock squeaky clean
Old 08-14-2005, 07:27 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak

i have a very agressive domino damsil and when i added my flame angel wich is almost the samething they were best friends
Old 08-14-2005, 09:22 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to FlyingL0
I have two yellow tail damsels with my coral beauty. The get along fine sofar. I think having plenty of hinding places (caves) is key.

47G Bow, 45# Live Rock, DSB, 10g Sump w/ LR Rubble, AquaC Remora Pro, 2 Maxijet 900(s), Clean Up Crew - (7) Scarlet Hermits, (2) Emerald Crab, (11) Turbo Snails, (3) Nassarius Snails, (1) Fighting Conch, (1) Sand Sifting Star, (1) Skunk Cleaner Shrimp

* (2) Yellow Tail Damsel
* (2) Percula Clow
FlyingL0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coral, coral beauty

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com