Coral Beauty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

robocop

Aquarium Advice Activist
Has anyone had any success with Coral Bautys? I’ve tried them three times and all of them got fin rot and died. Is this common in them or is the LFS to blame?

that is not common to coral beauties...they are a pretty hardy fish. I have had mine close to two years now in a semi-neglected tank and it is thriving.

I've had the same experience with a Coral Beauty. He made it around 2 months before he got fin and tail rot and lodged himself between a rock and a hard place to die. Since then, I've acquired a Pygmy Cherub who seems to be doing great under the same conditions. I call him my Laker fish. Maybe I'll change it Bryant 81, boo-yah!

Mine survived just fine with no diseases of any kind until the hurricanes came.. Can you all tell I am bitter.. damn Ivan, Kartina, Rita.. etc...

There`s also another senario here. How`s your water conditions. If it is fin rot that could be caused by less than ideal water parameters. Check this out and let us know

I just realized that this March I will have had my Coral Beauty for 3 years. It's never had a problem.

I have my Coral beauty almost 2 years now.

My tank has been in great shape, not the best shape, and back to great shape.
he has survived it all. Great hardy fish.

Strange that yours all die of the same thing eachtime.
Try another CB from another LFS, Also as with all live stock entering the tank proper Acclimation is very important. I would also check your water parameters as well.

Back
Top Bottom