Coral beauty & Flame Angel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

catmel

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just curious.. I've done a bit of research, but cant seem to find a definate answer.

What size tank ( If any) could a coral beauty and a flame angel live together in? I've read they cant at all, and I've also read that with enough space and live rock they can.

Any input? :)

Thanks!

My coral was in a 90 and ran it... So if u want two, I'd say 125 or bigger. Idk if I would test it though. Both fish are beautiful though.

Problem is, there is no definite yes or no answer..Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't ,,,no risk,no reward
I'm going to try to add another angel to my mix when i upgrade...fingers crossed

Good luck to both of you. Ya there is not definate its really personality. But for better results go 125 or larger. Good Luck!!!!!

FTMMWS said:
Problem is, there is no definite yes or no answer..Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't ,,,no risk,no reward
I'm going to try to add another angel to my mix when i upgrade...fingers crossed

I agree. Check out my odd pairs

image-3390553432.jpg

image-3019841005.jpg

Oh yeah ,my maroon and koran are best friends,,clowns and angels seem to get along IME ...

You do know that panther is going to get about 2 feet and will eat everyone right?

I would say bigger then 125. My coral beauty was a terrorizer it would hover over the anenome and wait for clowns to come out to fight

Interesting.. thanks for the input! If I ever upgrade again I'll look into getting one. I kind of figured i'd be pushing it in a 75, its ashame, I love 'em! I'll have to look into what else I may be able to get.

Good to have input from experience :)

Thanks!

They are certainly beautiful fish! If you upgrade, it will help with aggression if you add them both at the same time.

FTMMWS said:
Nice,:cool:
I'm gonna need to see this 300:whistle:...I'm currently building a 280 and would love to see some more monster tanks
How about a tank showcase(y)

image-4072554709.jpg

image-1442399134.jpg

How us your build going?

My experience has been that the two will not mix well. I was told by my Lfs that, if introduced at the same time, they would be able to coexist. The flame angel was dead two weeks later and the coral beauty still rules the tank. I think that their personalities are what dictate them being able to live with each other. JMO.

Back
Top Bottom