Coral beauty angel price

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Medx

Aquarium Advice Regular
I went to a pet store in my city where they sell saltwater fish and I saw a coral beauty fish for only $21.99 I have never seen a price like that. The price I always see is $45 . I am wondering if any of you have ever seen a coral beauty for only $21?

Here's a pic

Attachments

• image-1354393527.jpg
    image-1354393527.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 148
It depends on the area...I've heard of them down to 10 bucks. They are a neat fish, but in hindsight I'd give mine away. It doesn't pick away at my coral, but it does randomly and makes me want to get rid of it.

+1 to area. The cost of the fish FOB country of origin may be close to the same but the cost of freight to get it to you or a store differs widely so there is no set way to tell price ;)

My LFS, which has most fish priced higher than average, had two yesterday for $25. I'm usually not a huge fan of CBs, but they had one that had a lot more purple than most I have seen (so less orange/yellow) and the blue around the fins was really bright. I'm considering getting it today and seeing if they can get an Eibli in a shipment next week.

There are also many color morphs of Coral beauties based on their area. If you can find a color chart labeling the different colors from the different places, you can have a better idea where your fish came from and if that is an overprice based on that area.

Hope this helps

Ah ok I live in California so I think that's why it was so cheap, but I'm thinking if getting one for my 36 tank when it is a little more mature. Would it be good in a 36 gal tank. I also saw a bicolor angel and an elibi angel for around the same price.

Shouldn't be a problem as long as you base it on your current stock
in other words compatibility
I keep a flame angel in my 37 and a coral beauty in my 40 both with no issues even with corals
I've had my flame almost 2 years now and my coral beauty almost a year
when I bought my coral beauty I paid $85. for him it's all about coloring mine has a rare coloration his tail is yellow , I couldn't resist best part is both of mine get along with all there tank mates
I paid $35. for my flame angel but his blue markings are very faint not as bold as most flames
and don't be fooled that they only grow to around 4 inches both of mine are almost 6 inches

In ND they generally run $30-$50, I really think it depends how many are in stock at the plce where your LFS orders from.

Back
Top Bottom