Coral Beauty Color?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

seve1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am getting a coral beauty with a 120 reef I'm getting Saturday. The tank is a full blown reef with softies, sps and clams. The coral beauty did not have the typical color through its sides but, rather was almost solid deep purple. The LFS said the color was due to corals in its diet. Anybody experienced this firsthand?

I am aware of that but, this fish was truly unique. I have been in the hobby for 10+ years and 1) have never seen a beauty 99% purple and 2) have never heard about the corals in the diet causing this, although I know they are notorius for nipping.

Nutrition can cause coloration to become more vibrant, but it will not cause a fish to change color. As a side not..watch the angel very closely in a reef. You are taking a pretty big gamble.

The angel is already part of the tank community, which is why the information concerning its color is a bit troubling. The tank is being given to me because the previous owner wants it to go to a good home but, I can't have the angel munching on my corals.

I was just at a lfs today and they had a all black coral beauty. I wish I could have gotten him, but I already have one.

as they get older their coloration has more orange and deeper colors...so i have read

There is an all black drawf angel called a midnite angel. Looks like a coral beauty but solid black. But back to the problem you are taking a chance. I`ve made the vow no more angels for me. My keyhole almost did me in.

Back
Top Bottom