Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-04-2006, 09:54 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Coral Beauty vs. Flame Angel: Which to choose?

All,

In reading the profile section here, it seems that 2 dwarf angels in the same tank is not a good idea. So if one would have to choose between the two, what would it be.

Here's my current stock:
2 Clowns
1 YT
2 Henis (pending)
1 Foxface Lo (possible)
Flame Angel or Coral Beauty

Thx

Mike

120 g FOWLR, Pro Clear 200 19 gal. sump (bio balls removed), 50# Walt Smith FiJi LR, 150# reefersrock base, 300# DSB, Iwaki MD 20 return, (2) Rio 600s, (2) Hagen 802s, Amiracle Quad II skimmer, (2) Coralife 4 X 65s, 2 Lebo moonlights, (2) 120 mm vent. fans,

(2) Perc. Clowns, (1) Yellow Tang, (1) cleaner shrimp, (2) Henis, pending: Foxace Lo, Flame Angel, blue legs, scarlets, 4 emerald crabs, nassarius snails, 50 mexican turbos, (1) good bankruptcy attorney when this hobby blows out of control!
spinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 10:15 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Hm. If you can get a Flame that you know with out a shadow of a doubt has NOT been caught with cyanide than I would say Flame Angel. Regretfully it seems many flames come from areas of cyanide capture and thus do very poorly in the aquarium as far as mortality.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 10:26 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Is there a good source for FAs that weren't gased?

I tried to contact that company who had successfully farm raised them, but the web site hasn't been updated since '92.

Mike
120 g FOWLR, Pro Clear 200 19 gal. sump (bio balls removed), 50# Walt Smith FiJi LR, 150# reefersrock base, 300# DSB, Iwaki MD 20 return, (2) Rio 600s, (2) Hagen 802s, Amiracle Quad II skimmer, (2) Coralife 4 X 65s, 2 Lebo moonlights, (2) 120 mm vent. fans,

(2) Perc. Clowns, (1) Yellow Tang, (1) cleaner shrimp, (2) Henis, pending: Foxace Lo, Flame Angel, blue legs, scarlets, 4 emerald crabs, nassarius snails, 50 mexican turbos, (1) good bankruptcy attorney when this hobby blows out of control!
spinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 10:28 AM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
I belive liveaquaria.com sells farm rased flames.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 10:06 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

I have a flame angel. It's been two months and so far so good. I love Flame Angels. I like the color. And they're adorable too because they tend to hide in the rockwork but then slowly creep and peek at me. they're cool algae eaters too.
Old 01-04-2006, 10:52 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

I had a flame for about 2 months but it was dead one morning with no signs of illness etc. I believe cyanide was to blame. I went to look about one from the LFS instead of ordering online. They had a coral beauty that was solid blue with some really neat little orange designs on him so I gave him a try. Has been a great fish and stays out much more than my flame did. It does not bother any of my corals or clams. I got him before I had corals but if something ever happens to it I will probably not take a chance on another one with corals in the tank.

Tags
angel, coral, coral beauty, flame, flame angel, ich

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com