Coral Beauty vs. Flame Angel: Which to choose?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spinman

Aquarium Advice Freak
All,

In reading the profile section here, it seems that 2 dwarf angels in the same tank is not a good idea. So if one would have to choose between the two, what would it be.

Here's my current stock:
2 Clowns
1 YT
2 Henis (pending)
1 Foxface Lo (possible)
Flame Angel or Coral Beauty

Thx

Mike

Hm. If you can get a Flame that you know with out a shadow of a doubt has NOT been caught with cyanide than I would say Flame Angel. Regretfully it seems many flames come from areas of cyanide capture and thus do very poorly in the aquarium as far as mortality.

Is there a good source for FAs that weren't gased?

I tried to contact that company who had successfully farm raised them, but the web site hasn't been updated since '92.

Mike

I have a flame angel. It's been two months and so far so good. I love Flame Angels. I like the color. And they're adorable too because they tend to hide in the rockwork but then slowly creep and peek at me. they're cool algae eaters too.

I had a flame for about 2 months but it was dead one morning with no signs of illness etc. I believe cyanide was to blame. I went to look about one from the LFS instead of ordering online. They had a coral beauty that was solid blue with some really neat little orange designs on him so I gave him a try. Has been a great fish and stays out much more than my flame did. It does not bother any of my corals or clams. I got him before I had corals but if something ever happens to it I will probably not take a chance on another one with corals in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom